In an epidemic like Corona-virus, the Tamil Nadu state government is working at its own level. Many state governments have given a lot of benefits to the ration card holders. Meanwhile, the Tamil Nadu government has also decided to provide financial and other benefits to the poor ration card holders of Tamil Nadu by announcing TN Ration Card Rs 2,500 and a Pongal kit for each of the 2.6 crore ration card-holding families. The distribution of the cash and kit would commence on 4 January 2021. The application of the TNPDS Smart Ration Card is also submitted through online mode and the distribution is also done through online mode.
TN Ration Card 2500 Rs. Payment Status
The Tamil Nadu Pongal kit 2021 will contain a sugarcane, 1kg rice and sugar among other ingredients. Officials of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System will come to the doorstep and give away the tokens to the ration card holders. People can get the gift at ration shops at the time and date mentioned in the token.
CM has announced the gift as several people had suffered economic distress this year due to Covid 19 and the cyclone in the Delta region. Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System was introduced to promote corruption free distribution as in past, ghost cards or fraud entries were done in order to commit bogus claims and illegal distribution of claims.
TNPDS Smart Card 2021 is the new and improvised technique that is used by the food and supplies department to allot the permission to those who are eligible to avail these benefits. The main function of the Tamil Nadu smart ration card is to offer the power to avail the food grains and other essentials.
Databases are created with all the essentials and details regarding those who are eligible for the benefits and when smart ration card are scanned at the ration shop or fair distribution shops, all the details open up and it makes the task of distribution simple and free-from corruption.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card 2021 Highlight
|Name of scheme||Tamil Nadu Ration Card|
|launched||By the Tamil Nadu government|
|Beneficiary||Every single ration card holder in Tamil Nadu|
|Objective||Ration card access to all the needy|
|Start Date||4 January 2021|
|Pongal Kit||Rs. 2500 and other food item|
Tamil Nadu Ration Card Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should be a citizen of India
- The family of the applicant should be Indian citizens
- The family as well as the applicant must be living and cooking separately
- The applicant and his or her family must be ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant and his or her family must not possess a family card which is registered in any other state in India
- The applicant and his or her family must not have their names enrolled as a member in any other family card within the state of Tami Nadu
- The applicant and the members of his or her family must be close relatives.
Features of Tamil Nadu Pongal Packages
- This year several people of the state lost their jobs due to outbreak of Covid-19, and also the state suffered climatic disaster. So, the government is trying to help the people by extending a financial help to the poor.
- Under that hamper the people of Tamil Nadu government is offering 2,500 rupees to each of the rice card holders.
- As per the record, there are 2.06 crore beneficiaries in the state who have rice card.
- The distribution work will start from 4th January, 2021. Besides money, the beneficiaries will also get dhotis and saris for free.
- Government is going to provide 1000 rupees and ingredients for Pongal sweet. The ingredients include 20 grams of cashew and raisins, raw rice grains, 8 gm of cardamom, and a sugarcane.
- The ingredients will be distributed from the fair price shop and the ingredients will be given in cloth bag.
How to check Tamil Nadu Pongal Bonanza Beneficiary List 2021
- Visit the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System
- On the web-page, fill up the form with the following details: District, City, and Locality. These sections will lie right after the ‘State’ field.
- Alternatively, you can check the status of your Tamil Nadu Pongal Bonanza Beneficiary List 2021 on the official website of Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System
|Department login||Login Button|
|Citizen login||Login Button|
|Smart Ration card Application status||Check Here|
|Smart Ration Card Application||Apply Here|
|Reprint Smart Card Status||Click Here|
|Reprint Smart Card||Click Here|
|Address Change in Ration Card||Click Here|
|Add Member in Ration Card||Click Here|
|Remove Family Member from the Ration Card||Click Here|
|Family Head Member Change||Click Here|
|Card Related Service Request Status||Check Here|
Process for TNPDS Smart Card 2021 Correction
- Visit the official website of TNPDS and click on the ‘Beneficiary’ tab from the top menu of the website.
- Enter your registered phone number in the field provided and enter the OTP in the next field.
- This will sign you in to your TNPDS profile and now click on the Smart Card Details
- Click on the ‘Edit’ button next to the detail that you want to change then make the necessary changes and also upload a scanned copy of the document.
- After changing all the details that requires a correction, click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The new information will be subject to approval and a new reference number will be generated and you can use this reference number to track the status of the changes for your ration card
How to apply for a Tamil Nadu Smart Ration Card 2021
- First and foremost, you have to visit the official website of Tamil Nadu public distribution system.
- On the website, the original language of the contents is Tamil, you can change the language as per your desire.
- Now, go under the Smart Card Application Services, look for the button saying ‘Smart Card Application.
- On this web-page, you can choose between two options that are ‘New Smart Card Application’ and ‘Old Card Enrollment’
- Now, you are supposed to fill all the details such as Name of Family Head, Father’s/Husband’s Name, Address of the applicant etc.
- After completing these details, upload the photo of the Head of the Family and proceed on to filling the details regarding District, Taluka, Village and mobile number.
- Fill all the options regarding the details of the family members, once done check the options for Gas connection and tick on the declaration box, and at last submit the registration form and now you will receive the reference number with which you can check the status of the ration card.
TN Ration Card 2021 FAQ
It is a scheme announced by the Tamil Nadu government and via this scheme, beneficiaries will get Rs 2500, dhoti and materials for making sarees and sweets.
Yes, citizens have to pay a fee of Rs.5 which has been prescribed by the Tamil Nadu state government for the application of a new ration card.
The helpline number of Tamil Nadu smart card is 18004255901 and you can call on it.